The Main Admin account includes administrative capabilities that are not accessible from any other account type, but still has the same features as teacher and admin accounts.
This article provides a brief overview of the modules available in the Main Admin account. Each section has embedded links for more in-depth learning on each module.
The District module contains the information regarding the sites, teachers, and students of the district.
The sections of the District module are as follows:
- Sites: The sites (schools) in the district.
- Teachers: A list of the teachers in the district.
- Students: A list of the students in the district.
- Student Groups: A list of the student groups that have been created at the district level.
- Teacher Groups: A list of the teacher groups that have been created at the district level
- Recognitions: A list of recognitions that have been created at the district level.
The Analytics module is where you can analyze many different types of data housed within Otus.
- 3rd Party
- Reports - Query, Historical, and Report Cards.
The Classes module contains all of the information you need to know about your classes and students. See below for links to each of the sections of the Classes module. The Main Admin account can see this information for all classes in the district.
- Students - clicking on a student tile will take you to their student profile.
- Seating Chart - create a seating chart for your class.
- Attendance - take attendance for your class.
- Class Board - view and add to your Class Board.
- Participation - track student participation.
- Mailbox - send emails or text messages to students and/or family members.
- Class Info - can add students to your classes, change the name of your class, add co-teachers, along with many other class-related pieces.
The Lessons module is where you can build and assign lessons to give to students. The Main Administrator can see assigned lessons for any class in the district.
The Bookshelf module is where you can upload resources that you can then share with students or teachers. The Main Administrator can see the bookshelf for any class in the district.
The Assessments module is where you can create, edit, assign, and grade your assessments. The Main Administrator can see assigned assessments for any class in the district.
- Create assessments.
- Edit an assessment.
- Assign an assessment.
- Grade or edit the settings of an assigned assessment by going to the Assigned Assessments section for any class.
- Administrators have the ability to share folders of assessments, and share locked copies of assessments as well.
The Gradebook module is where you can view student grades based on points or standards. The Main Administrator can see the gradebook for any class in the district.
- Points Gradebook - will show student performance based on points earned on assessments.
- Standards Gradebook - will show student performance based on attempts on standards.
- You can create a Plus (+) Assessment by clicking on the + sign in the upper-left corner.
The Blog module allows you to provide a way for you and your students to communicate using a blog format. The Main Administrator can see the blog for any class in the district.
The Calendar module allows you to keep track of events and due dates. You can also link your Google calendar to your Otus calendar. The Main Administrator can see the calendar for any class in the district.
The Control Center is where the Main Admin can control many district-specific settings.
The Help module will take you directly to the webpage where you can search for help articles, such as this one.