Teachers can add a co-teacher to a class. There are two ways to add co-teachers: one at a time, or by CSV upload.
💡 Tip from the Otus Team: once a co-teacher is added to a class, we highly recommend that the co-teacher is made aware that they are now a co-teacher on that class, and that they will now see the class tile in their Classes module. This helps to avoid confusion and the accidental archiving or deleting of classes!
Please Note - if your school is rostered using Clever, you will need to be added as a co-teacher in Clever in order for it to remain permanent in Otus.
To Add Co-Teachers One at a Time:
- Step 1: From the Classes module, select the class tile you wish to add a co-teacher to.
- Step 2: Select Class Info. Scroll to the bottom to the Teacher section.
- Step 3: Add the co-teacher:
- Type in the full email address (do not add a space after the email) .
- Hit ENTER on your keyboard.
- Select the email address (it will pop up just beneath the search bar).
- Select Add.
- Select Save.
NOTE: (If the Save button is not active, please be sure that all drop down options are selected (grade level, language, etc.).
To Add Co-Teachers via CSV Upload
You can also add co teachers by CSV upload if you want to add multiple co-teachers a time:
- Step 1: Select Download Template.
- Step 2: Fill out the template (do not change any headings).
- Step 3: Upload the template by selecting Choose File, then Upload.
- Step 4: Select Save.
Main Teacher vs. Co-Teacher
To see exactly what a co-teacher is able to do, select the button below.
💡 Tip from the Otus Team: co-teachers do have the ability to archive or delete classes. If they archive or delete a class from within their account, it will also archive or delete that class from the main teacher as well. To avoid confusion and accidental deletion, we highly recommend reminding your co-teachers not to archive or delete classes unless they are specifically asked to do so.