When students complete assessments with questions linked to specific standards, you are able to analyze student performance based on each individual standard.
To Locate the Standards Gradebook:
- From the home screen, select "Gradebook".
- Choose a class from the dropdown menu.
- Select Standards in the upper-right corner.
1 - Standard
- Hover over the column title to view the entire standard.
2 - Performance Level
- Determined based on the grading scale and mastery setting chosen.
- Can change the scale and/or mastery setting in the filters (see below for filter options).
3 - Number of Attempts
- Number of times the student has been assessed on that standard.
- What qualifies as an attempt? A single question on an assessment and/or a descriptor on a rubric.
4 - Class Summary
- A horizontal bar that shows the overall class performance by color.
- Hover over each color to see the performance level and number of students.
1 - Filter Standards
- This will allow you to specify which standard(s) you'd like to view data for.
- Select Clear Filter, then check the standard(s) you'd like to view data for.
2 - Filter Assessments
- This will allow you to specify which assessment(s) you'd like to view data for.
- Select Clear Filter, then check the assessment(s) you'd like to view data for.
3 - Mastery Settings
- This will allow you to choose the way the performance level is calculated. Note - the available mastery settings are determined by your District's settings.
- Notice that the performance levels may change based on the new mastery setting. For example, a student that has a Most Recent performance level of Exceeds may have a Mode performance level of Approaching.
4 - Grading Scales
- This will allow you to view the standards measured with a specific grading scale. Note - the available grading scales are determined by your District's settings.
5 - Grading Period
- This will allow you to view the standards measured within a specific grading period. Note - the grading periods are determined by your District's settings.
Individual Student/Standard Performance
Clicking within an individual student's performance will take you to a more detailed view of their performance level(s).
Clicking on a Student's Name
- This will take you to a list of the standards that student has been assessed on, as well as the performance level for each standard.
- You can change the Mastery Setting by clicking on the ellipses in the upper-right corner.
Clicking on a Performance Level:
- This will take you to a more detailed view of the attempts made on that standard.
- In the example below, this student attempted CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.3 15 times.
- Each attempt is listed, along with the name of the assessment it occurred on, the due date (or submission date if a due date wasn't set), and the performance level.
- You can change the Mastery Setting by clicking into the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
- Hovering over a point on the graph will show the details of that attempt, including the assessment name and due date.
*What Are My Next Steps?*
After you have viewed the standards gradebook, you may be interested in a few things! Click on the buttons below to learn more about each topic!