This article provides a brief overview of the modules available to admin accounts. Each section has embedded links for more in-depth learning on each module.
When you login to your account, the Home module serves as the landing page. It contains tiles for each of your school sites, and a subnavigation menu.
- You can add a class by clicking on Add Class.
- Click on a site tile to be taken to a list of teacher tiles within the site.
- You can switch sites, and narrow your view to teacher groups by clicking and checking the filters at the top, or typing in them. You can also search for a teacher by typing part of their name, and pressing the Return/Enter key.
- Clicking the mail icon will allow you to email the teacher. Clicking on the people icon will take you to their classes. Clicking the trash icon will hide them from your admin view permanently.
- Clicking on a class tile will take you to a page containing the students enrolled in class. For more information, see the next section titled Classes.
The Analytics module is where you can analyze many different types of data housed within Otus.
- 3rd Party - for more on 3rd Party Data reports, click HERE.
- Attendance - for more on Attendance reports, click HERE.
- Recognitions - for more on Recognition reports, click HERE.
- Participation - for more on Participation reports, click HERE.
- Blog - for more on Blog reports, click HERE.
- Assessment - for more on Assessment reports, click HERE.
- Standards - for more on Standards reports, click HERE.
- Reports - Report Cards, Query, Historical Analytics.
The Classes module contains all of the information you need to know about your classes and students. See below for links to each of the sections of the Classes module.
- Students - clicking on a student tile will take you to their student profile.
- Seating Chart - create a seating chart for your class.
- Attendance - take attendance for your class.
- Class Board - view and add to your Class Board.
- Participation - track student participation.
- Mailbox - send emails or text messages to students and/or family members.
- Class Info - can add students to your classes, change the name of your class, add co-teachers, along with many other class-related pieces.
The Lessons module is where you can build and assign lessons to give to your students.
For more information on Lessons, click HERE.
The Bookshelf module is where you can upload resources that you can then share with students or teachers.
For more information on the Bookshelf, click HERE.
The Assessments module is where you can create, edit, assign, and grade your assessments.
- You can create assessments by clicking Create Assessment.
- You can edit an assessmentby clicking on Edit when hovering over the assessment and clicking the ellipses.
- You can assign an assessment by clicking on Assign when hovering over the assessment.
- You can grade or edit the settings of an assigned assessment by going to the Assigned Assessments section.
The Gradebook module is where you can view student grades based on points or standards. You can also create Plus (+) Assessments in either gradebook.
- Points Gradebook - will show student performance based on points earned on assessments.
- Standards Gradebook - will show student performance based on attempts on standards.
- You can create a Plus (+) Assessment by clicking on the + sign in the upper-left corner.
The Blog module allows you to provide a way for you and your students to communicate using a blog format.
For more information on the Blog module, click HERE.
The Calendar module allows you to keep track of events and due dates. You can also link your Google calendar to your Otus calendar.
For more information on the Calendar module, click HERE.
The Help module will take you directly to the webpage where you can search for help articles, such as this one.