Otus allows family members to view and access information for all of the classes that their student(s) are enrolled in. This access provides family members with insight into their student’s classroom.
This article is meant to be used as a brief overview of each of the modules available in the Family View. Sections will have links to take you to more detailed articles.
Still need to add students to your account? Click HERE
The Notification Feed will display:
- Content that the student has been assigned.
- Recognitions awarded.
- Items that have been graded.
The To Do list:
- Displays any lessons that have not been completed by the student.
- The purple bar will show the progress of the lesson and the numbers on the right show number of activities completed in that lesson vs. number of activities in the lesson. *Example: 7/9 (seven out of nine activities have been completed.)
- The orange ! icon will appear 72 hours before a lesson is due and the date will turn orange if the due date has passed.
*Once a lesson is complete, it will be removed from the To Do list.
For more information on the notification feed for families, click HERE.
The My Students module will show a tile for each of the students you have linked to your account.
- The numbers at the bottom of the tile show how many recognitions that student has earned. The + stands for positive recognitions, the - stands for negative recognitions. To see their recognitions, see the Classes section of this article.
- Clicking on their profile picture or name will take you to a list of their classes. For more information on classes, see the Classes section of this article
By selecting Gradebook, family members will be able to view overall student grades.
- Lists classes, letter grades, total points/percentages, subject, and teacher
- Clicking on a grade will populate a list of assessment grades for that class below
- Lists the standards the student has been assessed on
- You can filter the standards gradebook using several different criteria by clicking on the ellipses in the upper-right corner.
For more detailed information on the gradebook, click HERE
*please note - not all family accounts will have this module.
The Reports module will show you any 3rd party data (NWEA, PARCC...) that is available for your student.
For more information on the Reports module, click HERE
Family members are able to view class information for their student(s).
- Clicking on any class tile will take you to that class's Class Board.
- Clicking on the + or - icons at the bottom of the tile will take you to your student's Recognitions for that class.
- Clicking on the envelope at the top right corner of any class tile will allow you to email that teacher.
- Clicking on the Email All Teachers icon will allow you to email all of your student's teachers.
Family members also have the ability to view the student’s portfolio. The student portfolio shows class assessments that have been chosen by the student and/or teacher. The portfolio can contain items to track learning goals and highlight exceptional work.
- Shows assessments that have been chosen by the student and/or teacher.
- Can contain items to track learning goals and highlight exceptional work
For more information on the Student Portfolio, click HERE
The Learning Profile will show the results of the Thrively Assessment.
*please note - if your student hasn't taken the Thrively Assessment, there will not be any data in this module.
For more information on the Learning Profile, Click HERE.
Family members have access to view their student’s Blog post(s), in addition to any comments on the post(s). Teachers can use the blog feature in Otus as a discussion board.
For more information on the Blog, click HERE
Family members are also able to access any online resources from their student’s Bookshelf. Bookshelf resources are links that have been shared by the teacher or saved by the student.
For more information on the Bookshelf click HERE
Family members are able to view calendar events such as due dates and class events for the student. They can use the dropdown along the top to switch students if they are connected to multiple students.
For more information on the Calendar, click HERE