If the instructions below are not followed exactly as written, Otus may not be able to display the data in a way that will be helpful to teachers, instructional leaders, building administrators, or district leaders.
Benefits of Locked Assessment for Teachers:
- Assessments can be assigned to classes at the teacher's convenience.
- Locked (Advanced) assessments can be printed directly from the teacher's account.
- Teachers can review the assessment data within the Analytics module in their account.
Benefits of Locked Assessments for Administrators:
- Administrators can review the aggregated data in Assessment Analytics and in Query Analytics (Query Analytics will be especially helpful when using data to identify students for programs).
- Administrators can disaggregate the individual locked assessment data by teacher .
- Teachers cannot edit locked assessments.
Some URLs that MUST be allowed by your firewall include:
Before You Begin
1. Plan ahead
Be sure to have your common/benchmarks assessments created and shared with teachers 7-10 days before your testing window opens. This will provide you with enough time to account for any unexpected scheduling, technology, or other issues without those issues becoming critical emergencies.
2. Take each test yourself
As you design assessments, it is possible that you will get into a groove and unintentionally leave a question out, fail to provide a correct answer, or misspell an item. Take each test to be sure that you know exactly what your students will see.
3. Share only locked assessments with teachers
If you share it as a locked assessment to the teachers as a group (Teacher Flag) then:
- Teachers will be able to assign the assessment to their students when it makes sense
- Teachers who need a printed copy for a student will have the ability to print the assessment
- You will be able to review the aggregated data in Assessment Analytics and in Query (Query will be especially helpful when using data to identify students for programs)
- Teachers will be able to review the data on their students from the assessment since they will have assigned it within their classes
- Principals and lead teachers will be able to view the overall data for a grade level and break it down by teacher because the assessments will have been assigned by their teachers in their classes.
- You will need to make sure that all teachers assign the assessments and give them to their students. Once you send a locked copy of the assessment to the proper individual teacher or teacher flags, they will be able to see that shared assessment in their "Drafts" with a padlock icon next to it.
4. Confirm that your district is not blocking my.otus.com or other related websites
Click HERE for an updated list of URLs that need to be whitelisted in your network.
REVIEW THE TEACHERS WHO ARE ASSIGNED TO YOUR TEACHER GROUPS
Log into your Admin Account and select Teacher Groups.
While in Teacher Groups, click on the ellipsis of the group you wish to view. Select View Teachers to see the teachers who have been assigned to that group.
You are able to assign any missing teachers by selecting Assign Teachers. To remove a teacher from the group, select the trash icon.
SEND LOCKED ASSESSMENT TO TEACHERS
Enter the Assessments module.
Click the ellipsis of the assessment you wish to share. Click Send Copy.
Toggle to Teacher Groups and select all of the teacher groups you wish to send the assessment to.
Make certain that the Locked Icon is toggled ON, ensuring that the assessment will not be altered. You are now ready to select Send.
TEACHER ASSIGNS LOCKED ASSESSMENT
Teachers will find the locked assessment in the Drafts section of their Assessments module.
After selecting Assign, teachers will be prompted to choose which classes and students they would like to assign the assessment to. After the selections are made, click Assign to complete.
STUDENTS COMPLETE BENCHMARK ASSESSMENT
Students will enter their Assessments module.
Select the appropriate class from the drop down menu.
Find the correct benchmark assessment in the list. Select the orange New button to open the assessment.
To begin, the students must select Start.
REVIEW ASSESSMENT ANALYTICS FOR BENCHMARK ASSESSMENT
Enter the Analytics module.
Adjust your Date Range. The benchmark assessment must have been graded within the selected date range in order to review the data in Analytics.
Select the Filter Icon.
-Teachers can review assessment results only for the students in their class rosters. Teachers can disaggregate data by class, group, or student.
-Administrators can review assessment results for a larger district population. Administrators can disaggregate data by site, teacher group, teacher, class, group, or student.
Select the title of the benchmark assessment from the list.
The pie chart displays an overall breakdown of the student population’s performance on the benchmark assessment. The pie chart is only visible for assessments that are created with the POINTS grading scale.
Individual Item Analysis
Advanced Assessment: Select the ARROW to toggle between individual questions on the benchmark assessment. The pie chart displays the breakdown of student responses for the specific question. You can click any section of the pie chart to identify students who selected the response and MANAGE GROUPS.
Simple Assessment: Users can view each item by scrolling down the page. The pie chart displays the breakdown of student responses for the specific question. You can click any section of the pie chart to identify students who selected the response and MANAGE GROUPS.
Rubric Assessment: Users can view a breakdown of student performance on each rubric descriptor. Each bar chart displays the scale and criterion for the individual descriptor. You can click any section of the bar chart to identify students who earned the scale value and MANAGE GROUPS.
If the instructions above are not followed exactly as written, Otus may not be able to display the data in a way that will be helpful to teachers, instructional leaders, building administrators, or district leaders.
For more information about benchmark analytics, click on the link below!