What is Query 2.0?
Query 2.0 is a report that allows you to identify and compare populations of students matching specific criteria across multiple data sources. It is designed for cases in which you have a set of criteria, and you need to know what students meet that criteria.
What are examples of ways you can use Query 2.0?
- Identifying students for ELL services.
- Middle school and high school placement.
- Qualifications for programs of extra curricular activity.
Generating a Query 2.0 Report
- Step 1: Enter the Analytics module.
- Step 2: Select Reports.
- Step 3: Select the Query 2.0 tile.
- Step 4: Give your query a title.
- Step 5: Select your population by defining your cohort. Once at least one value is selected in a single Population category, you'll be able to toggle on "Exclude" for that category, excluding anything within the values you set for the category.
- Step 6: Determine the Criteria. This can be a single criteria, or multiple.
➡️ Adding Multiple Criteria
- If you choose to add more that one criteria, you'll want to choose between And and Or.
And - students have to meet both (all) criteria set.
Or - students have to meet at least one of the criteria.
- As you adjust your criteria, it will calculate the number of students that have populated in the query in the upper-right corner
- Step 7 (optional): Add a Matrix Value. By toggling on the matrix value, a point value, chosen by you, will be awarded to the students who meet this specific criteria.
- Step 8: When you have completed the steps above, select Run Report.