Standards Analytics 2.0 allows you to view a breakdown of performance levels on multiple standards at a time. Below is an example report.
This article will break down the different components of Standards Analytics 2.0 into the following sections:
➡️ Note - you may notice a small difference in the formatting of the table, as these screenshots show a prior version. All of the information and steps remain the same.
Generating the Standards Report
- Step 1: Navigate to the Analytics module.
- Step 2: Select Assessment 1.0.
- Step 3: Make sure you are using the correct date range for the desired assessment. To change the date range, click the calendar Icon.
- Step 4: To view the optional filters, click the Filter Icon. Note - the number of available filters depends on whether you are in a teacher account or admin account. Admin accounts will have more filters.
- Step 5: Search and select the standards - begin typing in the name or number of the standard. Standards will begin to appear for you to click. You can select up to 10 standards to display at once.
❓ Not seeing any data? Try these two suggestions:
- Change the date range to All Time (see Step 2 above). You may have assessed the standard on a date that is beyond the time frame selected.
- Filter your results by Grading Scale (see Step 4 below). You may have used a different grading scale on the assessment that contains that standard.
Change the display filters (optional).
- Filter by Assessments: You can choose to view the standards as they appear on specific assessments. *Note - if you see a spinner icon next to the Assessments filter, that's ok! It just means that Otus is working on getting all of the data ready for you.
- Filter by Mastery Setting: You can choose to view the performance level by Mean, Median, Mode, Decaying Average, or Highest.
- Filter by Grading Scales: You can choose from one of your district's grading scales.
Analyzing the Results
Click on the vertical bar for any standard. You will see an overall breakdown of the number of students at each performance level.
➡️ Isolate any specific performance level to view just the students that performed at that level.
➡️ View an individual student's performance.
➡️ Create/assign groups.
- Select the student(s) you'd like to add to a group by checking the box to the left of their name(s).
- Click the flag icon.
- To add students to a group: select the group on the left and select the students on the right. Click Save.
- To create a new group: click New located in the upper-right corner of the GROUPS box. Follow the steps to create a group.
➡️ Download as a CSV by selecting the download button.
Standards Analytics 2.0 FAQ
What are the main differences between Standards Analytics 1.0 and Standards Analytics 2.0? While Standards Analytics 1.0 can display one standard at a time, Standards Analytics 2.0 can show results for multiple standards in one display. There is also a difference in viewing individual student performance. In Standards Analytics 2.0, clicking on an individual student will take you to the same page as clicking on them in the Standards Gradebook would.
Why doesn't any data display when I select the standards? There could be several reasons for this:
- Adjust the time frame: you may have assessed the standard on a date that is beyond the time frame selected (see Step 2 above).
- Adjust your filters: you may have selected filters that narrowed your search to the point that there aren't any students that fit the criteria (see Step 2 above).
- Change your Grading Scale: the standards you've chosen may have been on assessments that used a different grading scale than what is currently selected. (see Step 4 above).
- If none of the above solve the issue: reach out to us in the chat feature, and we'll be sure to help locate the data.
If I click into a standard, and even further into an individual student's performance, how do I get back to the original report? Use the breadcrumbs at the top of the page to take you back to your original report rather than the back arrow. Using the breadcrumbs is the best way to navigate in Standards Analytics 2.0.
- How many standards can I select to display on the same graph? You can select up to 10 standards to display on the same graph.