A lesson is a collection of activities that are interrelated. Teachers can use the lesson module to share both bookshelf and external resources, which are presented to students as tiles in a step-by-step digital lesson.
- Step 1: From the Lesson module, you can click Create Lesson in the top right corner.
- Step 2: Title the lesson.
- Step 3: Give directions for the lesson (optional).
- Step 4: Add activities.
- Add Directions - a simple set of text for students to read.
- Add from Bookshelf - This adds a tile with an item from your bookshelf.
- Add New Resource - This adds a tile that will provide a resource to a student, such as File, Link, Image, Recorded Video, Youtube Video, Audio, Google Drive File, OneDrive File, or a Custom Page ( you can include embedded content with this resource type).
- Add Question (Coming Soon!) - This adds a tile that will prompt the students to answer a multiple choice, true false, or short answer question directly within the lesson.
Want more information on the different types of activities? Click HERE
- Step 1: Go to your draft lessons in your Lessons module.
- Step 2: Select the ellipsis to the right of the lesson.
- Step 3: Select Preview.
Previewing Lessons FAQs:
- As an admin, can I preview lessons that my teachers have created? You can preview any lesson that a teacher has assigned. Search for their class in the dropdown menu while in assigned lessons, then select the ellipsis next to the lesson and click Preview.
- As a teacher, can I preview lessons that my main teacher or co-teachers have created? You can preview any lesson that a teacher has assigned. Search for their class in the dropdown menu while in assigned lessons, then select the ellipsis next to the lesson and click Preview.
- Can parents preview lessons? Currently, parents should use the Notification Feed on their Home Tab to see when a student has been assigned a lesson and when a student has finished it. Only students and teachers have the ability to view the Lesson module and can see the specific activities in the lesson. The ability for parents to preview lessons will be coming in the future - stay tuned!
- Why can't I preview the drafts lessons that a teacher or co-teacher created? Since draft lessons are unique to the account they were created in, only the creator of the lesson can preview it. For privacy reasons, the only one that can see your draft lessons is you; you aren't able to see other teacher's draft lessons. If you'd like to preview a lesson made by another teacher, you can ask the teacher to share the lesson with you.
Step 1: Select Assign
- You can select Assign while in the lesson itself, or from the draft lessons page.
Step 2: Choose Lesson Settings.
- Select the class (or classes) you wish to assign to.
- Select specific groups of students you'd like to assign to (optional).
- Select the due date (optional).
- Toggle the "Students must complete lesson activities in order" on or off. For more information on this setting, see the FAQs below.
- Select Assign in the upper-right corner.
Assigning Lessons FAQs:
- Why is the Assign button gray/inactive? You may not have added activities to the lesson yet. A lesson has to have at least one activity to be assigned.
- Can I assign the lesson for a later date? Currently, assigning lessons for a later date isn't available, however, this feature will be available in the future - stay tuned!
- If the due date passes, can the students still complete the lesson? Yes. The due date does not lock or disable the lesson in any way.
- If I make edits to a lesson, do I have to assign the lesson again? No, any updates you make to a lesson will automatically update for the students. There is no need to reassign.
- What happens if I assign a lesson multiple times? Students will see multiple instances of that lesson in their Lessons module. The preceding note about making edits to a lesson will apply to all assigned instances of that lesson.
- How do I see the student progress of a lesson? Click HERE for more information on viewing lesson progress.
- If I require that the students complete the lesson activities in order, what does that look like on the student's side? The activities will appear inactive and will have a padlock symbol on them until the student marks the previous activity as complete. See below for an example: