The Passage is a Learnosity Item FEATURE that you can insert into your Advanced Assessment items in Otus.
This features allows you to embed a passage, and if needed, can be used in conjunction with another question type, as shown below:
To add a passage, follow the steps below:
- In the Feature Editor area, insert the passage Heading and then Contents. This field supports HTML formatted data and includes font styling, paragraph styling, layout templating, embedded images, LaTeX and MathML.
- Click Save and Close to return to the Item.
To use an existing passage on an item, follow the steps below:
- Create an item as normal. You will notice three vertical dots appearing in the top right-hand corner of the item.
- Click through to Find existing passage.
- This will take you to a list of all passages previously created. From here you can search by content, preview and select the passage you wish to use.
You can enable paginated content on a shared passage at any time, either when you create the passage or when you edit an existing passage. Check the box beside Enable paginated content - this can be found underneath More options. Multiple text input fields will now appear in the contents area, and each one represents a separate page of the passage.
Use the live preview to see how students can view and interact with the paginated passage:
Drag-and-drop the pages using the drag handle on the left of each text input field:
Interested in other Advanced Assessment Item Features? Click the button below to check them out!