When grading Advanced Assessments, you can do the following:
- Assign scores to individual questions that need to be manually graded
- Adjust scores to individual questions that are auto-scored
- Adjust the total score
- Assign a status
- Leave a comment
- Add the assessment to a student's portfolio
To Access the Assessment:
- Step 1: Navigate to your Assigned Assessments in your Assessments module
- Step 2: Choose the correct class from the Classes dropdown menu
- Step 3: Click on the Assessment
To Grade the Assessment
Hover over a student and click Grade (or Regrade if the assessment has already been graded)
For Ungraded Questions (questions that need manual scoring):
- Ungraded questions will appear at the top of the page. Once they have been graded, they will move back to their respective position on the assessment.
- If an Item has two questions in it, and one involves manually scoring, the entire Item moves to the top of the page.
- Click into each box to add a score and click Save.
- Once all ungraded questions have been graded, the assessment will revert back to listing the Items in numerical order.
For Auto-Scored questions:
- Questions that were set to auto-score will already have grades. You can manually change the score of any auto-scored questions by clicking in the box with the score. See the image below:
- The question above was set to score as an "Exact Match" - meaning that the student will only earn the points only if they choose all correct answers.
- The score of 0 can be manually changed to, for example, a 0.5, since the student did choose two of the three correct answers.
- This grading process is based on teacher preference. To learn more about scoring methods, such as Exact Match, click here.
To Adjust the Overall Score:
- Step 1: Navigate to the top of the assessment
- Step 2: Click inside the box labeled Adjustments
- Step 3: Click the up or down arrows to add or take away points, OR type in the adjustment you'd like. See the clip below
To Set a Status:
- Step 1: Navigate to the top of the assessment.
- Step 2: Select a status from the "Select Status" drop down menu.
To Leave a Comment
- Step 1: Navigate to the bottom of the assessment.
- Step 2: Click Leave a Comment