Standards can be linked to each question on Simple Assessments. Linking standards is optional (you do not have to link standards in order to assign the assessment), however, the only way to see the results of the assessment in the standards gradebook is to link standards.
First, you'll need to access the draft assessment:
- While in the Drafts section of your Assessments module, locate the assessment. Select the assessment to be taken to the assessment builder.
❗ Changes to standards on a draft Simple Assessment will reflect update any assigned version of that assessment, as well as update the standards gradebook. You do not have to unassign/reassign the assessment.
Link a Standard
- Step 1: While in any question (multiple choice, true/false, or short answer), select Link Standard.
- Step 2: Choose a standards folder.
- Step 3: Once you've located the desired standard(s), check the box next to it (you can add more than one at a time).
- Step 4: Select Link Standards at the bottom right hand corner.
Edit or Remove a Standard
- Step 1: To edit a standard, hover over a question in your Simple Assessment and click the pencil icon.
- Step 2: Add the standard you wish to use instead.
- Step 3: Remove the original standard.
- Step 1: To remove a standard, hover over a question in your Simple Assessment and click the pencil icon.
- Step 2: Select the x to remove the standard.
- What if I've already assigned or graded the assessment? If I change a standard, does that update the gradebook? Yes. changes to standards on a draft Simple Assessment will reflect update any assigned version of that assessment, as well as update the standards gradebook. You do not have to unassign/reassign the assessment.
- When I tried to assign the assessment, I got this message. What does it mean? This means that you built this assessment using a standards-based grading scale, but did not attach standards. Thats ok! Attaching standards is optional, but if you used a standards-based grading scale, the results of the assessment can only be seen in the gradebook if you attach standards. Otherwise, you'll still be able to see the individual student results of the assessment in the assessments module, but not in the gradebook.