Read the scenarios below, do any of them apply to what you're looking for? If so, read on! Each one of these scenarios has the same solution, and that solution can be found here.
➡️ Scenario 1:
- A new student has joined your class, and you need to give them grades in the gradebook. But...when you go to the gradebook, you are unable to enter grades for them:
➡️ Scenario 2:
- A new student has joined your class, and you need them to take an assessment that has already been given to the class. But...when the student goes to their Assessments, none of those assessments are there:
Both scenarios have the same solution: the assessments need to be assigned to them in the Manage Assignees section of the assessments.
❓ Why - The student wasn't enrolled at the time the assessment was assigned, therefore, the assessments will not be visible until they are assigned.
- Step 1: Navigate to your Assessments module.
- Step 2: Select the Assigned tab.
- Step 3: Choose the class the student is rostered in.
- Step 4: Select the ellipsis next to an assessment.
- Step 5: Select Manage Assignees.
- Step 6: Check the empty boxes next to the student's name for each assessment you need assigned to them.
- Step 7: The student should now see all assessments they've been assigned when they login to their account and head to their Assessments module. The student can either take these assessments, or you can give them grades manually by grading the assessment or adding points to the points gradebook.