When a student is removed from a class, their assessment data from the previous class will be removed from view (it is not deleted). Whether you're manually moving the student to another class in Otus, or you're editing the rostering in your SIS so the changes will take place in Otus, it's important to capture that data before you make your changes and upload it as an attachment in the student profile for future reference.
In general, here are the steps you'll want to take. Please keep in mind, the first two steps should be done PRIOR to removing them from the original class:
- Navigate to the gradebook. and download a CSV of the student's grades.
- Upload the CSV of those grades to the student's profile for later reference.
- Add student to new class.
- Manually add grades.
- Remove student from original class.
1️⃣ - Navigate to the Gradebook and Download CSV
- When you are in the gradebook, select the ellipsis in the upper right hand corner and select Download as CSV.
2️⃣ - Upload CSV to Student Profile
- To access the Student Profile, navigate to the Students tab of the Classes module. Then click on the student's name to see their Student Profile:
- Select the Information tab, then scroll down to the Attachments section. Select + Attachment.
- Choose to Upload File. Locate the file on your device, give it a name, then select Save.
- You will now see the CSV file as an attachment that you can use to reference grades later.
3️⃣ Add Student to New Class
- If your district is manually rostered, you can follow the directions here to add the student to the new class.
- If your district is rostered using an SIS, the change will need to be made in your SIS first. They will then appear in the new class after the nightly sync.
4️⃣ Manually Add Grades (if needed)
- If you need the student's previous grades to be in the new class this is where you will use the information added to the student's profile to do a "transfer" of their grades.
- First, you will need to assign the assessments in the new class to this student. You can do that through the Manage Assignees menu of any assessment in the new class. Check the empty boxes next to the student's name to assign the assessments to them.
- Once the student has been assigned those assessments, refer to the CSV of the student's previous grades and add those scores manually to each assessment.
5️⃣ Remove Student from Original Class
- If your district is manually rostered, you can follow the directions here to remove the student from the original class.
- If your district is rostered using an SIS, the change will need to be made in your SIS first. They will then be removed from the original class after the nightly sync.