Teachers can send copies of Simple, Advanced, Rubric, or Bubble Sheet assessments to any user teacher or admin user.
This article contains the following sections:
- How to Send a Copy of an Assessment
- How to Access a Sent Assessment
How to Send a Copy of an Assessment
- Step 1: Locate the Assessment in your Drafts.
- Step 2: Select the ellipsis.
- Step 3: Select Send Copy.
- Step 4: Search for the teacher by typing in the entire email address of the desired recipient. Teachers can send assessments to one user at at time.
- Step 5: Hit Enter or Return on your keyboard. The recipient will appear just underneath the title of the assessment you are sending.
- Step 6: Select Send.
You will see a green confirmation message in the upper-right corner of your screen that reads Successfully Sent.
How to Access a Sent Assessment
Teachers will receive a notification on their home feed when an assessment is sent to them. Click on the notification OR navigate to your Draft Assessments page.
- If the assessment was sent unlocked: The assessment will be in the recipient's My Folders > All folder, and will appear with a paper airplane icon.
- If the assessment was sent locked: The assessment will be in the recipient's Shared With Me > All folder, and will appear with a paper airplane and padlock icon. Keep in mind, sending locked assessments can only be done from an admin account.
- To see who the assessment was sent from, hover over the paper airplane icon.
Keep in mind, this section is regarding teachers sending other teachers or administrators an individual assessment. If you are interested in learning more about administrators sending assessments, please visit this help article.
- Can I edit an assessment that has been sent to me? Yes. The only exception is when it has a padlock icon with the title.
- If I make edits to an assessment I have sent to another user, will their copy show those edits as well? No. Sending a copy of an assessment duplicates that assessment and gives the recipient their own copy. The original and the sent copy are not connected in any way. *If there is a padlock symbol with the assessment's title, this is not necessarily true.
- Can I send copies of an entire assessment folder? Teachers are unable to send or share assessment folders; however, administrators do have this ability.
- Can I send more than one assessment at a time? Teachers do not have the ability to send more than one assessment at a time, however, administrators are able to share assessment folders.
- Can I send an assessment to more than one person at a time? Currently, teachers do not have the ability to send an assessment to more than one person at a time. However, this is something that the development team is looking to deliver in the future, so stay tuned! In the meantime, administrators can send assessments to groups of teachers.
- Can I send an assessment so a user in a different district? Yes. As long as you have their email address used for their Otus account and the assessment does not use a custom grading scale.
- Can I see who I've already sent an assessment to? Currently, teachers do not have the ability to see who they've already sent an assessment to. However, this is something that the development team is looking to deliver in the future, so stay tuned! In the meantime, administrators do currently have the ability to see who they've shared an assessment folder with.
- What does it mean if the assessment has a padlock next to the title? That means the assessment was sent to you by an administrator and is locked for editing.
- Can I put an assessment that was sent to me in one of my own assessment folders? Yes. Any unlocked assessment that is sent to you can be put into one of your own folders.
- Will administrators get a notification when an assessment is shared with them? Since admin accounts do not have the notification feed, they will not receive a notification of a sent assessment.