There are various circumstances in which an administrator would want to send an assessment locked versus unlocked. This article will clarify the behaviors of both locked and unlocked assessments.
- Only administrators can send locked copies of assessments.
- Locked copies of assessments can be sent to both teachers and other administrators.
- By default, this setting is set to locked.
- Once the assessment is sent, it can't be changed from locked to unlocked or vice versa. The sender will need to re-send the assessment in order to change the permissions.
- Locked assessments are sent to the recipient's Shared With Me > All folder.
- If you share an assessment folder, all assessments in that folder are sent as locked assessments.
What can the recipient of an unlocked vs. locked assessment do?
Who can edit an unlocked vs. locked assessment, and how do those edits impact the sent copies?
How is the data from unlocked vs. locked assessments analyzed?
Once the sender sends the assessment, where can the recipient find it?
What About Sharing Assessment Folders?
Sharing assessment folders has a slightly different set of behaviors. Check out the articles linked below for more information.