Administrators can send copies of Simple, Advanced, Rubric, or Bubble Sheet assessments to any user teacher or admin user.
This article contains the following sections:
How to Send a Copy of an Assessment
- Step 1: Locate the Assessment in your Drafts.
- Step 2: Select the ellipsis.
- Step 3: Select Send Copy.
- Step 4: Search for the teacher by typing in the entire email address of the desired recipient.Hit Enter or Return on your keyboard. The recipient will appear just underneath the title of the assessment you are sending.
- Step 5: Determine if you'd like to send the assessment locked or unlocked. For more information about locked assessments, check out this article.
💡 Tip from the Otus Team: You can also send assessments to teacher groups; just select the Teacher Groups tab.
- Step 6: Once you select Send, you will see a green confirmation message in the upper-right corner of your screen that reads Successfully Sent.
How to Access a Sent Assessment
Teachers will receive a notification on their home feed when an assessment is sent to them. Click on the notification OR navigate to your Draft Assessments page.
- If the assessment was sent unlocked: The assessment will be in the recipient's My Folders > All folder, and will appear with a paper airplane icon.
- If the assessment was sent locked: The assessment will be in the recipient's Shared With Me > All folder, and will appear with a paper airplane and padlock icon. Keep in mind, sending locked assessments can only be done from an admin account.
- To see who the assessment was sent from, hover over the paper airplane icon.
Keep in mind, this section is regarding administrators sending other teachers or administrators an individual assessment. Check out the links below for more information on teachers sending assessments or administrators sharing assessment folders.
- Can I edit an assessment that has been sent to me? If the assessment was sent to you unlocked, yes.
- If I make edits to an assessment I have sent to another user, will their copy show those edits as well? If the assessments was sent unlocked, no, the assessment will not show those edits. If the assessment was sent locked, yes, the assessment will show those edits.
- Do I have to re-send the assessment if I make edits to it? If the assessment was sent unlocked, yes, you will have to re-send. If the assessment was sent locked, no, you do not have to re-send.
- Can I share an assessment folder? Yes, administrators can share assessment folders.
- Can I see who I've already sent an assessment to? As an administrator, you are able to see who you've shared assessment folders with, but you are unable to see who you've shared individual assessments with.
- If I sent an assessment locked, then later decide that it should be unlocked, can I change it? You will have to re-send the assessment with the correct permissions, as that toggle can't be changed once the assessment has been sent.