When you are ready for your students to complete a lesson, you will need to assign that lesson. Follow the steps below!
💡 Tip from the Otus Team - you must have at least one activity in order to assign your lesson.
Step 1: Select Assign
- You can select Assign while in the lesson builder:
- Or from the draft lessons page. Select the ellipsis to the right of the lesson, then choose Assign.
Step 2: Choose Lesson Settings.
- Select the class (or classes) you wish to assign to.
- Select specific groups of students you'd like to assign to (optional).
- Select the due date (optional).
- Choose to schedule the lesson to assign at a later date (optional).
- Toggle the "Students must complete lesson activities in order" on or off. For more information on this setting, see the FAQs below.
Step 3: Select Assign in the upper-right corner.
➡️ Want to see how you can view the progress of your students on lessons? Check out this article.
- Why is the Assign button gray/inactive? You may not have added activities to the lesson yet. A lesson has to have at least one activity to be assigned.
- Can I assign the lesson for a later date? Yes. Toggle the Assign at a Later Date (Optional) to the ON position, then select a start date from the dropdown menu. Check out this article for more information.
- If the due date passes, can the students still complete the lesson? Yes. The due date does not lock or disable the lesson in any way.
- If I make edits to a lesson, do I have to assign the lesson again? No, any updates you make to a lesson will automatically update for the students. There is no need to reassign.
- What happens if I assign a lesson multiple times? Students will see multiple instances of that lesson in their Lessons module. The preceding note about making edits to a lesson will apply to all assigned instances of that lesson.
- How do I see the student progress of a lesson? Click HERE for more information on viewing lesson progress.
- If I require that the students complete the lesson activities in order, what does that look like on the student's side? The activities will appear inactive and will have a padlock symbol on them until the student marks the previous activity as complete.