To grade the Assessment, navigate to Assigned within the Assessment module. First, select the desired class from the drop down menu. Then hover over the assessment you’d like to grade and click it.
Click Grade on a students row to begin the grading process for each individual student. All objective questions will be auto-scored, and subjective questions will remain blank until the teacher enters the student’s score.
Make any adjustments necessary (for late work, extra credit, etc.) in the Adjustments field. Please find additional information about the drop down options that appear when grading an assessment.
Tutorial: How To Grade an Advanced Assessment
*What are my next steps?*
If you need to make any changes to the grade a student has received on an assessment, just follow the same steps from above.
If you'd like to view the analytics from a graded assessment, click on the link "Assessment Analytics"
If you need to edit the settings of an assigned assessment, such as the items listed below, click on the link "Edit Assigned Assessment Settings"
- Due Date: Setting a due date will require students to submit the assessment by a certain date and time. If this is set, students will not be able to submit the assessment after the date and time.
- Assign At Later Date: By toggling this on, it will allow you to create a start time for the assessment at a later date. Students will not be able to access the assessment until that date and time.
- Grading Period: Choose the grading period that you would like the scores for this assessment to be added.
- Lockdown Browser: If you've installed our custom Respondus Lockdown browser, you can toggle this feature on to prevent students from using any other programs or browser tabs until they've submitted their assessment. Learn more HERE.
- Timed Test: When timed test is selected, it will require you to enter the number of minutes that students will have for the assessment. After starting the assessment, students will have to complete the assessment within the allotted time.
- Randomize Questions: This will randomly mix the order of the assessment questions for each student that takes the assessment.
- Include score in final grade: This option will either include the score for this assessment in the student's final grade, or just allow it to be viewed in the gradebook for reference, but not tallied into the total.
- Allow assessment review post-grading: When the “Allow Assessment Review Post-Grading” box is switched to on, students will be able to re-enter their assessment and see both which answers are correct and which answers they provided. That way, students can see where their errors occurred.
- Allow multiple attempts: When this is selected, students will be able to retake assessments multiple times. Note: If they re-enter a test they've already turned in, they will lose their answers from their previous attempt.
- Assessment Instructions: Any instructions added into this textbox will appear for students as they are taking the assessment.