Teachers and administrators have the ability to add notes to a student's profile. Those notes can also be selected to be included as a comment on a report card.
To add a note, navigate to the student profile.
➡️ Who can see these notes?
- Administrators: any administrator that has permissions for the class the student is enrolled in will be able to see the notes added to the student profile.
- Teachers: any teacher that has the student will be able to see the notes added to the student profile.
- Family: family members will only be able to see the notes added to the student profile if they are added to the student's report card.
In this article, you will find the following:
- Locate the Notes Section of the Student Profile
- Adding a New Note
- Report Card Comments
- Edit or Delete a Note
➡️ Locate the Notes Section of the Student Profile
- Step 1: From your Classes module, navigate to the Students tab, and choose the student you'd like to add a note for. You can change the class using the dropdown menu at the top of the page.
💡 Tip from the Otus Team: If you are an administrator, the best way to access a student's portfolio is to search for that student on your district home page.
- Step 2: Select the Information tab, then scroll down to the Notes section.
- Step 3: Select the Notes title to see all notes, select a row in the table to see that individual note, or select the + Note icon to add a new note.
💡 Tip from the Otus Team: Although you can view all notes (including those written by other teachers or administrator), you can only edit or delete notes that you've written.
➡️ Adding a New Note
- When adding a new note, the date and time is set to the current date and time by default. This can be changed if needed.
- You can choose for this note to apply to the student's general profile (All Classes), or you can choose for this note to apply to just a single class.
- Your note can be up to 1000 characters long.
➡️ Report Card Comments
- Select the Include in Report Card checkbox.
❗ Important information for report card comments:
- Check the date! If you need the comment to appear on a report card, please make sure the date of the note falls within the date range the report cards will be generated for. For example, if you need the note to appear on the report card for 1st Quarter, make sure the date of the note falls on a date that is within the 1st Quarter.
- Choose a class! You must choose an individual class in order to include the note on the report card. If you have "All Classes" selected in the Class dropdown menu, the checkbox for including on the report card will not be present.
➡️ Edit or Delete a Note
- When viewing an individual note, select the ellipsis to either edit or delete the note.
- You can edit the date/time of the note, the class, the content, and whether or not to include it in the report card.