If you need to edit a question or item in an Advanced Assessment, you've come to the right place!
❗ Please note - if you have already assigned the Advanced Assessment, any changes you make will not update on the assigned version. You will need to unassign and reassign the assessment for the changes to updated on the assigned version as well, but keep in mind, that will erase any student work, and each student will start with a fresh copy of the assessment.
First, to access the Advanced Assessment, you'll need to head to your Draft Assessments page in your Assessments module. Select the assessment you with to edit.
Once you are in your Advanced Assessment draft, select the item in the assessment builder, then select Edit in the upper-right corner.
In this article, you will find how to:
You can edit the title, layout, and standards for items on an Advanced Assessment. You can also add questions or features to the item.
➡️ Item Title
- To edit the item title, click within the title text field. Enter the new title, then select Save.
➡️ Item Layout
- To edit the item layout, select Settings. Choose from any of the available settings, then select Apply.
- You can also use the drag-and-drop handle on each question/feature to move it to the desired location within the item.
➡️ Standards Linked to Item
- See this resources for how to add, edit, or remove standards from Advanced Assessment items.
➡️ Add/Remove a Question or Feature
To Add a Question or Feature:
To Remove a Question or Feature
- Select the trash can icon, at which point, it will ask if you want to delete the item. Then it will ask you to confirm with a second click.
You can edit individual questions within an item as well.
➡️ Edit Question Content
- Select the pencil icon to edit a question. You will be taken to the question builder, where you can edit the content of that question. For more information on editing specific types of questions, click HERE. Select Save when finished.
➡️ Edit Point Value
- Select the pencil icon to edit the point value. Once you are in the question builder, scroll to the Set Correct Answer(s) section. Change the point value in the Point(s) field. Select Save when finished.
➡️ Edit Scoring Settings
- Select the pencil icon to edit the point value. Once you are in the question builder, scroll down and expand the More Options section. Change the Scoring Method and/or Scoring Type as desired. For more information on the scoring for specific types of questions, click HERE.