Positive or negative behaviors can be documented in Otus using our Recognitions tool. If your school district has been collecting behavioral data in a system other than Otus, we now have the ability to upload that data to Otus.
This article will help you prepare an export of your data for upload to Otus.
Please click here to download the .CSV template that you'll use to organize your existing data.
The following fields in the template are required for upload to Otus:
Unique Student Identifier
- At least one unique student identifier should be entered in Column A, B, C, or D of the template.
- Student Email, SIS ID, Student Number, or State ID are all examples of acceptable identifiers.
- This is the name of the behavior.
- Examples: “Behavioral Warning” or "Technology Misconduct"
- Every Recognition you are uploading data for must already be created in your Otus account and the name entered in this file must match what's in Otus.
- For example, in order to upload data for the behavior "Disrespectful", it must be created in Otus as pictured below.
If you have not yet created District Recognitions, please click here.
- The teacher email address associated with each student record must be associated with a teacher account in Otus.
- The Class Name entered in Column G must match the Class Name in Otus as pictured below.
- Month, date, and year are required.
"Note" is an optional column in the template. This is a great place to include any details about the behavior. There is not a character limit.
Once you’ve compiled your students’ behavioral data according to the Otus template, you are ready to go!
The final step is to share your data with the Otus team. If you have not yet been provided a secure link to share the data, please reach out through the in-app chat and our team will happily provide one.