The Notification Feed displays any items that a student has completed or submitted. Selecting the submitted item will open it for review.
You will receive notifications for:
Looking for information on the To Do List? This is also on the home page, and will display where the students are in completing assigned lessons. Check out the resource below.
Assessment notifications will generate when a student (or students) have submitted an assessment, or when a teacher shares an assessment with you.
- Student completes an assessment: selecting this notification takes you directly to your assigned assessments page, where you can select the assessment and begin grading.
- Teacher shares an assessment: selecting this notification will take you to your draft assessments page.
There are two types of lesson notifications; one that says student(s) have completed a lesson, and one that notifies you when a teacher shares a lesson with you.
- Student completes a lesson: selecting this notification will take you directly to that assigned lesson's progress page.
- Teacher shares a lesson with you: selecting this notification will take you directly to that lesson in your drafts.
Class Board Notifications
Selecting class board notifications will take you directly to that class board post. From there, you can see the student's comments or add a comment yourself.
Recognition notifications will post to your feed if a co-teacher or administrator gives one of your students a recognition. Selecting that recognitions notification will take you directly into the recognitions section of the student's profile.
Blog notifications will post to your feed if a student posts on the class blog. Currently, notifications are not sent when students leave comments; only when new posts are made. Clicking on the notification will take you to your Blog, and from there, you can click on Class Feed to see the new posts.
- If I unassign an assessment or lesson, will the notification be removed from the student and parent feed? Think of the notification feed as sending emails or text messages - once it's been sent, you aren't able to delete it from the receiver.
- Can I delete or remove notifications that I receive on my feed? While you aren't able to delete or remove notifications, one way to stay organized is to see that they are separated by date.
- Why isn't the notification feed available in Admin accounts? One way Admin permissions are set is by school - the Admin user will have access to all classes rostered in the school they have permissions for. A notification feed for an Admin user would see every action taken by every class in the school - which would be quite overwhelming, and most likely not very useful! Instead, the Admin home page consists of searchable lists of the schools, students, teachers, and classes they have permissions for.