This article will show how to mass-grade a Rubric assessment that was created using the Points grading scale.
First, if you aren't sure if the assessment was created using the Points grading scale, here's how you can check:
- In the Assessments module, click on Assigned and select the class you are grading.
- Click on the ellipses to the right of the assessment you wish to grade, and select View Details. Under the Grading Scale category, it should say Points.
There are two ways to mass-grade a points-based Rubric assessment; from the assessment itself or from the gradebook.
To Mass-Grade it from the Assessment Itself:
- Within the Assessments module, click on Assigned, then select the class for which you wish to grade an assessment.
- Click on Grade Selected Students in the upper right hand corner.
- Assign the point value for each descriptor.
- Optional - Leave a comment if you choose - this comment will be given to the students that were selected.
- Click Save in the bottom right hand corner.
- To go back to your list of students, click the Exit arrow in the upper right hand corner.
- Repeat the process with other students you'd like to group together.
Here is a view of what those three example grades in the video above will look like in the gradebook. Notice that they have the "comment bubble" filled in, indicating that a comment has been given to them for that assignment.
To Mass-Grade it from the Gradebook:
- Enter the gradebook module. Check the box next to First Name. This will select all of your students (if you wish to exclude certain students from the grade you are going to mass-assign, simply uncheck their name).
- Under the assessment you wish to mass-grade, double-click the first student's score. This will allow you to manually enter a grade. Type in the grade and hit enter on your keyboard. This will automatically fill in the grades for all of the students that were selected.
Here are links to mass-grading other types of assessments: