The Sort List question type allows students to arrange items into their correct order by dragging the items from the Source area to the Target area.
Students can drag, highlight, and move items between/within the lists using the arrows.
Create a Question
Enter a question stem in the Compose Question area. In the List section below enter the items you want your students to sort as shown in Figure 2. Click the +Add button to add more items to this Source list.
Enter a question stem in the Compose Question area. In the List section below enter the items you want your students to sort as shown in Figure 2. Click on +Add once for each item and enter text in the empty fields. It is possible to re-order your List while authoring your content. Simply drag the list item using the drag handle to the left and place it in the appropriate position.
This list represents the Source list with elements that must be ordered in the target area.
Follow these steps in order to configure question validation:
- Insert a value in the Point(s) box to set up a mark for the question.
- The Correct tab holds the list of elements to be ordered. To validate the question simply arrange the elements in the expected order. See example in Figure 3.
Scoring type menu can be found under More Options.
The following scoring types are available in Sort List questions:
- Exact Match - Student must answer all parts of the question correct to receive a mark.
- Partial Match Per Response - Each response item will be marked individually and marks will be awarded if responses are in the correct position. Each response element will be awarded an individual score.
- Partial Match - Each response item will be marked individually and marks will be awarded if responses are in the correct position. The overall question score will be divided between the response items.
You can then also toggle Drag Handles. They appear on the left of the list elements and can be disabled.
Want information on other question types? Click the button below!