There are various circumstances in which an administrator would want to send an assessment locked versus unlocked. This article will clarify the behaviors of both locked and unlocked assessments.
- Only administrators can send locked copies of assessments.
- Locked copies of assessments can be sent to both teachers and other administrators.
- By default, this setting is set to locked.
- Once the assessment is sent, it can't be changed from locked to unlocked or vice versa. The sender will need to re-send the assessment in order to change the permissions*.
- Locked assessments are sent to the recipient's Shared With Me > All folder.
- If you share an assessment folder, all assessments in that folder are sent as locked assessments.
In this article, you will find the following sections:
- How to Sent Locked Assessments
- Specific Behaviors
- Assigning Locked Assessments
- What About Sharing Lesson Folders?
How to Send Locked Assessments
- Step 1: Locate the Assessment in your Drafts.
- Step 2: Select the ellipsis.
- Step 3: Select Send Copy.
- Step 4: Search for the teacher by typing in the entire email address of the desired recipient.Hit Enter or Return on your keyboard. The recipient will appear just underneath the title of the assessment you are sending.
- Step 5: Make sure you leave the toggle OFF for "Allow teachers to edit the assessment". The default setting when sending an assessment is to send it locked, so changes to this toggle are not necessary to send a locked assessment.
💡 Tip from the Otus Team: You can also send assessments to teacher groups; just select the Teacher Groups tab.
- Step 6: Once you select Send, you will see a green confirmation message in the upper-right corner of your screen that reads Successfully Sent.
➡️ Recipient Actions
What can the recipient of an unlocked vs. locked assessment do?
➡️ Editing Options
Who can edit an unlocked vs. locked assessment, and how do those edits impact the sent copies?
How is the data from unlocked vs. locked assessments analyzed?
➡️ Assessment Location
Once the sender sends the assessment, where can the recipient find it?
Assigning Locked Assessments
If you assign an assessment as an administrator, you have the ability to assign it locked or unlocked. This setting is located at the bottom of the page when you are assigning an assessment.
- Assigning the assessment locked means that the data from that assessment will aggregate when viewing Assessment Analytics.
- Assigning the assessment unlocked means that the data from that assessment will not aggregate when viewing Assessment Analytics.
What About Sharing Assessment Folders?
Sharing assessment folders has a slightly different set of behaviors. Check out the articles linked below for more information.