The Video Player is a feature that you can insert into your Advanced Assessment items. Features are like the "extras" you can add to your items. For more information on questions vs features, click here.
➡️ Need help getting started with Advanced Assessment first? Click here
The Video Player feature will embed the video into the item as a stand-alone video, not necessarily embedded into a specific question. These are added using the Video Player Feature, which is found in the Features section. If you are interested in adding a video to a specific question, click here.
Here is an example of what the video player looks like within an item:
Build the Item
If you are creating a new item, select the + Create button on the assessment builder, title the item, then select the Add New plus sign to add a feature.
If you are adding to an existing item, simply select the Add New plus sign (as shown above) to add a feature to the item.
- Step 1: Select the Features tab, then select Video Player.
- Step 2: Choose the video type.
- Step 3.1: If using YouTube, Vimeo, or Brightcove, copy and paste the URL into the Source URL field.
- Step 3.2: If using your own video file from your device (must be an mp4), select Hosted Video, select the blue + Add button next to the Source URL field. Then, select the gray + icon and find the video on your device. It may take a few moments to upload; when it is finished uploading, select OK.
- Step 4: Select Save.
- Step 5: Move the video to the appropriate location in the item (optional). Since the video isn't attached to a specific question, it can be moved around within the item by dragging and dropping with the move icon shown below.
How Students Add Videos to Advanced Assessments
Are you looking for how students can upload videos as answers to questions in an advanced assessment? Check out the link below!
- Step 1: Upload the audio by selecting the + Add icon.
- Step 2: Select the gray + icon, choose your audio file, and select OK. Note - if you want to record your own audio directly into the assessment, please click here.
- Step 3: Choose the player type, heading, and description (all optional):
➡️ Player Type
➡️ UI Settings
Choose how the actual audio player will display for the students.
Heading and/or Description.
The heading appears similar to a title, while the description is similar to an explanation.
UI (user interface) settings allow you to choose certain functions available to the students.
You can add/remove certain elements to the layout of the audio player.
- Step 4: Move the audio to the appropriate location in the item (optional). Since the audio isn't attached to a specific question, it can be moved around within the item by dragging and dropping with the move icon shown below.
How Students Add Audio Recordings to Advanced Assessments
Are you looking for how students record audio as answers to questions in an advanced assessment? Check out the link below!
Copyright © Learnosity Ltd. 2006-2020