The File Upload question type allows students to upload a file to Learnosity, for review by the teacher. This question is non auto-scored, and the accepted file extensions are: JPG, GIF, PNG, PDF, TXT, CSV, RTF, XPS, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Publisher and Open Office documents. Files to be uploaded must be less than 10MB.
Figure 1 - How the file upload question will look to the student.
To author a File Upload question, follow these steps:
- Fill in the Compose Question area with your desired question or instructions to the student.
- Underneath, you can control which file types available will be accepted from the student. The first four are accepted by default, untick the box beside a file type to disable it or tick the box beside it to enable it.
- From the max files drop down, select the maximum number of files you will allow the student to upload. This ranges from 1 to 12, and is set to 12 by default. This value will be visible to the student.
Figure 2 - Set the accepted file types and maximum number of files accepted.
Please note that in the Question Editor or Activity Editor, the functionality behind the upload filesbutton is removed. The button will appear faded in the Question Editor or Activity Editor, and you will not be able to click on it.
Figure 3 - How the file upload button will look in the Question Editor and in the Activity Editor.
- Max score: The highest score that can be awarded for the response. Needs to be configured on the page by your development team.
- Minimum score if attempted: A value indicating how many attempt marks a student will receive for attempting the question.
- Max width: The maximum width of the file upload container.
- Font size: Select from small, normal, large, extra large, and huge.
Want information on other question types? Click the button below!