The File Upload question type allows students to upload a file for review by the teacher. This question is non auto-scored, and there are many acceptable file types, including:
JPG, GIF, PNG, PDF, CSV, RTF, TXT, XPS, ZIP,
Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Open Office, MATLAB,
Altera Quartus, Verilog, V, H, C, C++, S, Assembly
Example student view:
- Files to be uploaded must be less than 10MB.
Example grading view:
- The upload will appear as links. When grading, the teacher will click on the links to open the file.
Adding a File Upload Question:
Step 1: From the Other category, select File Upload.
Step 2: Fill in the Compose Question area with your desired question or instructions to the student.
Step 3: Do you want your students to use their device's camera to take a live picture? Select Enable photo capture.
Step 4: Determine which file types available will be accepted, and the maximum number of files allowed. The first four are accepted by default, untick the box beside a file type to disable it or tick the box beside it to enable it. The number of maximum files ranges from 1 to 12, and is set to 12 by default. This value will be visible to the student.
Step 5: More Options...
- Max score: The highest score that can be awarded for the response. Needs to be configured on the page by your development team.
- Minimum score if attempted: A value indicating how many attempt marks a student will receive for attempting the question.
- Max width: The maximum width of the file upload container.
- Font size: Select from small, normal, large, extra large, and huge.
Want information on other question types? Click the button below!