Do you want to see a...
- detailed view of a student's points-based grades?
- detailed view of a student's standards performance?
- student's grades for all of their classes?
If you answered yes to either of the questions above, you've come to the right place!
Detailed View of Points-Based Grades
To view an individual student's points gradebook information, navigate to the Gradebook module. From here, you can use the white drop down menu to specify which class the student is in.
- Select the student that you would like to view by clicking the student's first or last name from the table.
- This view will show you the letter grade, percentage, status, type, submission date, and any comments left on that assessment. The student's total percentage will appear at the bottom of the gradebook.
Detailed View of Standards Performance
In order to view students’ performance on standards assessed in your class, select the Standards tab from the Gradebook page. Then, choose the class the student is in, and select the individual student.
From this view, you will see the performance level on all standards assessed in the selected class (sorted alphabetically from top to bottom).
💡 Tip from the Otus Team: If there is an additional row above the table, that means your district has Total Grade Conversion enabled. This takes the performance mean for all attempts and converts it to a total class grade (could be a letter grade, a performance level, or any other term your district has decided to use).
Click the ellipses in the upper-right hand corner to apply different filters.
- Filter Standards: Select/deselect the specific standards you want to view.
- Filter Assessments: Select/deselect specific assessments to view the performance of standards on that assessment.
- Mastery Settings: This determine how the performance level is calculated. The options are: Mean, Mode, Most Recent, Highest, and Decaying Average.
- Grading Scale: This will let you navigate between custom grading scales that have been set by your district.
- Grading Period: This will let you adjust the academic session for which you wish to view grades.
- Download as CSV: This will export the gradebook to your spreadsheet program (Microsoft Excel, Numbers, etc...). This is what you will choose if you want to print this gradebook.
Viewing Data on a Specific Standard
To view a students data on a specific standard, select the standard and click their score.
- In this example, this student attempted CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.3 15 times.
- Each attempt is listed, along with the name of the assessment it occurred on, the due date (or submission date if a due date wasn't set), and the performance level.
- You can change the Mastery Setting by clicking into the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
- Hovering over a point on the graph will show the details of that attempt, including the assessment name and due date.
Exporting and Printing Gradebooks
To print either of the gradebooks, you will download the CSV.
Once the CSV is downloaded, you can open the document on your device and print.
Viewing Student's Grades for All Classes
You can view a single student's grades for all of their classes by going to the Student Profile.
- While in the Classes module, select Students, then choose the class the student is in.
- Select the name of the student.
- Scroll to the bottom of that page, and you'll see the student's points and standards gradebook results for all classes.
- To change the class for the standards gradebook, use the dropdown menu just above the standards gradebook.
- You can also use the same filters here as you can while viewing the actual gradebook (select the ellipsis in the upper-right corner).
💡 Tip from the Otus Team: While you are able to see the overall grade for each class, you won't be able to see the breakdown of assessments from this view. You'll have to navigate to the gradebook module to see the assessment breakdown.