There are two options when it comes to Uploading 3rd Party Data
Option 1: Send us the needed information for us to do the upload for you (this would usually follow having a conversation with your technology coach regarding the expectations). If you are unsure, you can always reach out to us in the chat feature, or you can connect with your technology coach directly.
Option 2: Main Administrators can upload the data from within their account, without needing to send it to us. The steps below will help with this option!
Uploading 3rd Party Data
Step 1: Navigate to the Analytics module. By default you will land on the 3rd Party Data page.
Step 2: Add a new tile
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the Add New tile
- Click on Add Other Company
- Fill in company name and choose a logo (optional)
Step 3: Download the template
- Click on the ellipses and select Download CSV
Step 4: Fill out the template
- Fill out the template with the data that needs to be uploaded. An example template is shown below.
Here are some things to remember:
- Save as a CSV
- Email addresses or SIS IDs are required
- Remove any blanks or NA's (data will not upload properly if there are blanks or NAs in the spreadsheet)
Step 5: Set up the assessment(s), target set(s) and benchmark(s)
- Click the ellipses and select Manage Data.
You will now be on a page that allows you to upload different assessments that are administered from the same company. Each assessment can have multiple attempts, and it's up to your district if you want the attempts to be over time or by subject. If you want the Math, ELA, etc. scores to all be on one data table, you'd want to upload attempts by subject. Otherwise, you can upload the subject as the separate assessments, and the attempt names would be the different times over the years students took the assessment for a nice line graph that shows progress.
- Click + New Assessment to set up your first assessment
- Name the assessment
- Set a minimum and maximum score
- Click Next
Now you can set up a couple target sets to help you see how your students are doing. Some tests are given a few times a year, and each time, the results are compared to different target sets. Also, some tests are given to multiple grade levels, and each grade level has a different target set. Because of this, you are able to add multiple target sets to switch between when viewing the data.
- Add a Target Set
- Set the benchmarks
- Click Save
- Add additional target sets if you'd like
- Select Done
Step 6: Upload the Data
- Hover over the assessment and select Manage Data
- Click Upload Data
- Upload the CSV data file that you created from the template