- The Family Communication Log is located in the student profile.
- An entry will contain the date of communication, who was communicated with, the method of communication, and a description of the purpose for the communication.
- Teachers are able to see entries made by other teachers for the same student, but not edit or delete.
- If a student is removed from a class, any entries made from that teacher will remain in the communication log and can still be viewed by other teachers.
- Any time a message is sent from the Mailbox, it is automatically added to the Family Communication Log.
- Family Communication Logs can be exported under certain circumstances. Click here for more details.
Accessing the Family Communication Log
- Step 1: Navigate to the Students tab in the Classes module.
- Step 2: Select the student you wish to view the Family Communication Log for.
- Step 3: Select the Information tab; you will see the Family Communication Log on the bottom-half of the page. Included in this list is the date/time of communication, who was communicated with, and the method of communication (noted by the icon to the left of the entry). Clicking on the Family Communication Log title will take you to a complete list of all entires with their descriptions, and will also allow you to make a new entry.
Create a New Entry
From this screen, you can create a new entry or view the details of previous entries.
- When creating a new entry, you will choose the date/time, the method (email, phone, in person, other), and the family member that was communicated with. Any family member that has been linked to that student will be in that list, along with the option to choose "other". Entries can be up to 1000 characters in length.
View, Edit or Delete a Previous Entry
From this screen, you can create a new entry or view, edit, or delete a previous entry.
Exporting a Communication Log
To export a communication log, contact us through our chat feature, and we can get that information for you!