The Class Board is used to post announcements for both students and parents to see.
Accessing/Viewing the Class Board
From the home screen, navigate to the Classes Module, then Class Board.
- Filter between classes using the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
- Posts will appear with the most recent at the top (including scheduled posts).
- The optional pinned post will always appear at the top.
Class Board Layout
This section will give you a layout overview of both the entire board and an individual post.
- 1 - Class dropdown menu.
- 2 - Search for posts by title or keyword.
- 3 - Pushpin icon indicates that post has been pinned to the top of the board.
- 4 - If an image was embedded in the body of post, it will display to the right of the message preview.
- 5 - Date and time the post was published (or date and time the post is scheduled to publish).
- 6 - Number of attachments on that post. This will only display on published posts. To see the attachments on draft or scheduled post, click on the post itself.
- 7 - The ellipsis menu with the following options: Edit, Pin, or Delete.
- 8 - Status indicator: will either say Scheduled in red or Draft in blue.
- 9 - Comment counter: will display the number of comments have been left on that post (only if comments have been enabled for that post).
- 1 - Title and contents of the post.
- 2 - The ellipsis menu with the following options: Edit, Pin, or Delete.
- 3 - Audience (classes) that can see the post.
- 4 - Author, along with the date and time the post was published.
- 5 - List of attachments on the post.
- 6 - Date and time that attachment was added to the post.
- 7 - Comments on the post (if commenting is enabled).
Creating and Publishing a Post
- Each post requires a title, message content, and at least one audience (class).
- Links and images can be directly embedded into the message contents.
- Other file types can be added as attachments, such as audio messages, video messages, files, and more.
- Users can choose to keep comments disabled, or enable them under Settings.
- Posts can be published immediately, saved as drafts, or scheduled to post at a later date.
- Teachers will get a notification on their home page notification feed when a comment is made on a post.
Students will access their Class Board by navigating to the Classes module and selecting a class tile.
- Students only see published posts.
- They can choose from a list of their classes in the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
- Students can search posts by title or keyword.
- Students are able to view comments and attachments on the posts.
- They can comment on posts (if commenting is enabled).
- Students receive a notification on their home page notification feed when a class board post has been published in any of their classes (they will not get notifications for comments).
- Parents only see published posts.
- They can choose from a list of their student's classes in the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
- Parents can search posts by title or keyword.
- Parents are able to view comments (from the teacher and their student) and attachments on posts. If other students have commented, they are unable to see those comments.
- Parents are unable to comment on posts.
- Parents receive a notification on their home page notification feed when a post has been published on the class board of any of their student's classes.