Find the assessment.
- First, select the Assessments module.
- Next, find the assessment and click New. You can search for the assessment in the search field, or you can choose the class from the dropdown menu.
Read the details and select Start.
Click start at the bottom of the assessment.
Complete the assessment.
- When the assessment begins, you will start on Item 1.
- See the diagram below to show you what the different parts of the assessment are.
- If an item is marked with a gray edge, that means the item has been completed.
- If an item is white, the item has not been started.
- You can click on each item individually, or use the previous and next buttons.
- Otus will autosave each question; saving answers is not necessary.
You may be able to leave annotations while taking your assessment if your teacher turned on that setting.
➡️ Here's more information about how the annotations work.
Do you see this toolbar at the top of your assessment? That means your teacher turned on these settings.
Submit the assessment:
- While on the last item clicking the Next arrow will prompt you to submit.
- The prompt will warn you if any items haven't been completed.
❗ PLEASE NOTE: Once you submit an assessment, you are unable to go back and answer questions that were left unanswered. Submitting an assessment locks that assessment, and it can not be reopened.
If you haves to return to the assessment at a later time: you can click into another place in Otus. This will automatically save your work and you will be able to come back and complete the assessment