Now that you've started to build an advanced assessment, you may want to add a Drawing question.
➡️ Need help getting started with Advanced Assessments? Click here
The Drawing question type, allows students to mark their answer on an uploaded image, or blank work space, using different drawing tools such as a compass, straightedge (ruler), or scribble pen.
💡 Tip from the Otus Team: This question type is great if you'd like students to show their work!
Build the Question
If you are creating a new item, select the + Create button on the assessment builder, title the item, then select the Add New plus sign to add a question.
If you are adding to an existing item, simply select the Add New plus sign (as shown above) to add a question to the item.
Next, select the Highlight and Drawing category from the options on the left, then select Drawing.
Step 1: Compose Question
- Compose question: Type the question prompt into this field.
Toggle toolbar options: You can control what tools the student will see in their toolbar.
- The icons highlighted in grey have been enabled. The white icons are disabled.
- Click on a white icon to enable it, and click on a grey icon to disable it.
- Use the DIV icons to place dividing lines between icons.
- These tool options are draggable; you can drag and drop the tools into a different order, and the new order will be displayed on the toolbar.
Note: the compass tool has a minimum radius of 160px.
Step 2: Add the Image
- Select the blue + Add button and choose the image from your device.
- Just want a blank work space? Don't upload an image; set the Width and Height of the space size you'd like, and that's all you need to provide a simple white space for your students to write/draw on.
Step 3: Choose Line Colors
- You can add up to six (6) line colors for students to use.
- To add a new color, select the blue + Add button.
- You can type the name of the color, such as "red", the RGB color code, or the Hex color code.
Set the Scoring
The Drawing question type is not auto-scored, and will require manual scoring once the assessment has been turned in.
- Step 1: Expand the More Options section.
- Step 2: Add a point value into the Max score field.
- Step 3: If you would like to award points to students for attempting the question, you may add a point value to the Minimum score if attempted field.
It's highly recommended to Preview the question as you are building it in the item. This displays the question from the students' perspective and review your formatting of the question.
➡️ Want to preview the entire assessment? Click here for details.
After expanding the More options section, you can:
- Change the line width: Enter a numerical value in the Line width (px) field. The default is set to 5; use that as your point of reference. To decrease the width, set it to a value less than 5. To increase the width, set it to a value greater than 5.
- Change the font size: In the Font size dropdown menu, you can change the font size of all components of the question to small, normal, large, extra large, or huge.
Copyright © Learnosity Ltd. 2006-2020