The availability window is ideal for when you do not want your students to have access to the assessment before or after a given amount of time. In the example below, the assessment will be available to the students only on August 29th from 1:15 pm until 2:15 pm.
What happens when the availability window ends?
If a student is in the assessment when the availability window ends...
- the assessment will automatically save and submit.
- students will not be able to access the assessment again, even if the availability window is removed.
- this is what the student will see:
If a student exits the assessment without submitting before the availability window ends...
- the assessment will not automatically submit.
- they will be able to access that assessment again if the teacher removes the availability window.
- the student will still see the assessment, however, it will turn gray and will not be accessible until the availability window is removed by the teacher:
If you think the students will need more time...
- you can have multiple availability windows; the assessment will automatically save and submit when the last availability window ends.
- ensure that the students EXIT the assessment and DO NOT SUBMIT. Once they submit, the assessment will be locked and unable to be reopened.
Here's where you can find more information on assigning assessments: