The availability window is ideal for when you do not want your students to have access to the assessment before or after a given timeframe. In the example below, the assessment will be available to the students only on August 29th from 1:15 pm until 2:15 pm.
PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT NOTE: For the students that will need to finish the assessment at a later time, ensure that the students exit the assessment and do not submit. Once they submit, the assessment will be locked and unable to be reopened, regardless of the settings of availability windows.
Setting the Availability Window(s)
Step 1: When assigning an assessment, locate the Availability section:
Step 2: Set the availability windows
- Choose a start and end date/time. Make sure to select Apply on the date picker to save your selections!
- You can set more than one availability window. This is recommended if you think students will need more time than what is allotted with the first availability window. The assessment will auto-submit when the last availability window ends.
💡 Tip from the Otus Team:
- To avoid auto submission, it is a great idea to set your last availability window for an indiscriminate date/time in the future; perhaps in the late evening or a lunch period a few days later. This will give you the time to make sure all students submit the assessment before the last availability window closes, which will ultimately eliminate the possibility of auto-submission.
The student is not shown the parameters of the availability window. They will, however, be notified of the end of an availability window if they are actively taking the assessment when it ends:
- If there is at least one additional availability window:
- If it is the last availability window:
Rubric Assessment: Advanced/Simple Assessment:
What happens when the availability window ends?
If there is at least one additional availability window and the student has not submitted the assessment yet:
- the assessment will not auto-submit.
- the student can see the beginning of the next availability window upon hovering over the assessment.
If that was the last availability window:
- the assessment will auto-submit.
- students will be unable to resume the assessment, even if the availability window is removed or extended.