We partner with Texthelp to bring the SpeechStream cloud based, language and literacy support toolbar to Otus Advanced Assessments. Features include text-to-speech read aloud, translation, dictionary with read aloud, picture dictionary, and highlight pens. Check out the Texthelp SpeechStream features below:
Step 1: Teacher Allows Texthelp Toolbar When Assigning The Advanced Assessment
Teachers must toggle the Allow Texthelp button ON when assigning their Advanced Assessment. Teachers can view the Texthelp button when they assign the Advanced Assessment or edit the assigned assessment settings in their account.
Step 2: Students Access Texthelp Toolbar
Students can view the Texthelp toolbar when they start the Advanced Assessment. Students can adjust their Texthelp settings by clicking the gear icon in the toolbar. Students must adjust the settings in the toolbar before viewing the assessment in full screen mode.
Language options include:
Select the Pointer icon in the toolbar, then select anywhere on the text to start reading aloud.
Make a selection on the page and click the Globe icon in the toolbar to translate the text. Students can adjust the translation settings by selecting the Gear icon.
Make a selection on the page and select the Book icon in the toolbar for a dictionary definition.
Make a selection in the page and click the Image icon in the toolbar for a picture dictionary definition
Click the Pen icon in the toolbar to use the annotation pens.
- Make a selection in the text and click the strike-through icon to set strike-through style
- Make a selection in the text and click the blue pen to create a blue highlight
- Make a selection in the text and click the pink pen to create a pink highlight
- Make a selection in the text and click the yellow pen to create a yellow highlight
- Make a selection in the text and click the green pen to create a green highlight
- Click the broom icon to remove all of the highlights from the page
- Select the circle icon to collect all of your highlights and display them in a window, grouped by color