What happens when you clone an assessment?
- It will make an exact, editable copy of that assessment
- The clone will have the same title as the original, but with the word Copy at the end (which can be changed).
- Edits made to the clone will not affect the original (and vice versa).
- Student data from the original assessment will not aggregate with student data from the cloned assessment.
Simple, Rubric, Advanced, and Bubble Sheet assessments can be cloned; Plus Assessments cannot be cloned.
- Since Plus Assessments are never actually in draft form, they are unable to be cloned. Creating a Plus Assessment is such a quick and easy process, therefore, making a new Plus Assessment with the same settings won't take long at all. Reach out to us in the chat feature if you have questions.
How to Clone an Assessment
- Step 1: Navigate to your Assessments Drafts.
- Step 2: Select the ellipsis on the right of the assessment title row.
- Step 3: Select Clone.
- Step 4: Edit clone information.
➡️ Name - Cloned title will be appended with the word "Copy," but this is editable
➡️ Type (category) - By default, it will stay the current type category, but any other type can be selected.
➡️ Grading Scale - Can be changed within certain parameters:
- From non-points to non-points based scale
- From points to non-points
- Cannot update from non-points to points
- Going from a larger to a smaller non-points scale (in Rubric assessments, for example), levels will be eliminated from the bottom.
Cloning Assessments FAQ
- When I click on the ellipses, the option to clone isn't there. Why? The assessment may have been sent to you as a locked assessment. Does the assessment have a paper airplane padlock symbol next to it? If it has the padlock symbol, that means the assessment was sent to you from an administrator as a locked assessment, which are unable to be cloned.
- Can I clone assessments that have been shared with me? If it is sent to you from a teacher, yes. If it is sent to you from an administrator, they have the option to send it to you locked. If that is the case, you will be unable to clone the assessment. Look for the padlock symbol next to an assessment to determine if it is locked.
- Can I clone assessments that are within folders that are shared with me? When an administrator shares a folder, they have the option to send it to you locked. If that is the case, you will be unable to clone the assessments. Look for the padlock symbol next to an assessment to determine if it is locked.