Here are directions for creating an Otus Family Account.
❗PLEASE READ FIRST: Your student already has an Otus account from the school district. To avoid confusion, it's best to use your own name rather than your student's name when creating the Family account.
Step 1: Go to https://my.otus.com/login
Step 2: Select Create a New Account.
Step 3: Choose Family as the user type.
Step 4: Fill in your first name, last name (NOT your student's name), and phone number to Continue.
Step 5: Type in your email address , create a new password for Otus, and select Finish.
Add a Student to Your Account
To add a student, a STUDENT CODE is needed. There are two ways to get the student code:
- From the student's teacher.
- From the student's Otus Profile.
If you have the code from your student's teacher:
- Step 1: From the Students screen, select Add a Student
- Step 2: Enter the student code.
- Step 3: Choose your relationship to the student.
- Step 4: Select Done
❗ Did you get an error? Please check the following:
- The codes are case-sensitive; make sure uppercase and lowercase letters are correctly used.
- For inconspicuous characters that resemble a vertical line, try using both an uppercase "i" and a lowercase "L"? They look identical when typed, so we always recommend trying both.
- Double-check that you are using the correct code as given to you by the student's teacher.
- Log in to the student's Otus account and identify the student code using the instructions below:
After the student logs in, have them open their profile icon at the bottom left and select Edit Profile.
Step 2: Their student code is located on this page, found below: