Standards can be linked to each descriptor on Rubric Assessments. Linking standards is optional (you do not have to link standards in order to assign the assessment), however, the only way to see the results of the assessment in the standards gradebook is to link standards.
First, you'll need to access the draft assessment:
- While in the Drafts section of your Assessments module, locate the assessment. Select the assessment to be taken to the assessment builder.
❗ Changes to standards on a draft Rubric Assessment will reflect update any assigned version of that assessment, as well as update the standards gradebook. You do not have to unassign/reassign the assessment.
Link a Standard
- Step 1: While in any descriptor, select Link Standard.
- Step 2: Choose a standards folder.
- Step 3: Once you've located the desired standard(s), check the box next to it (you can add more than one at a time).
- Step 4: Select Link Standards at the bottom right hand corner.
The title of the standard will appear in the bottom of the descriptor. The language of the standard will appear within the body of the descriptor by default. You can remove this description, if needed, by clicking into the text field and deleting the text.
Edit or Remove a Standard
If you need to edit/replace a standard, you will essentially remove the old standard, then add the new standard.
- Step 1: To remove the old standard, select the x next to the standard title in the descriptor. Select Yes if you still want to remove the standard.
➡️ If you wish to simply remove a standard and not replace it with another, you can stop here. Continue to Step 2 if you'd like to replace the standard.
- Step 2: To add the new standard, follow the same steps as listed above in the Link a Standard section.
- What if I've already assigned or graded the assessment? If I change a standard, does that update the gradebook? Yes. changes to standards on a draft Rubric Assessment will reflect update any assigned version of that assessment, as well as update the standards gradebook. You do not have to unassign/reassign the assessment.
- When I tried to assign the assessment, I got this message. What does it mean? This means that you built this assessment using a standards-based grading scale, but did not attach standards. Thats ok! Attaching standards is optional, but if you used a standards-based grading scale, the results of the assessment can only be seen in the gradebook if you attach standards. Otherwise, you'll still be able to see the individual student results of the assessment in the assessments module, but not in the gradebook.