This article will show you how to download the Respondus Lockdown Browser on a PC running Windows. This process needs to be completed on each students' device before the Lockdown Browser will work.
What is the Lockdown Browser?
The Lockdown Browser will prevent students from using any other programs or tabs while taking the assessment.
❓ Are you looking for a resource on how students use the Lockdown Browser on their Chromebook? Click here for more information.
How Students Download the Respondus Lockdown Browser
Students will need to access an assessment that has the Lockdown Browser setting enabled to download it. This only has to be completed once on each device.
- Step 1: Have students navigate to their assessments module and select an assessment that has the Lockdown Browser enabled.
- Step 2: They will see the Lockdown Browser popup. Students will select the Windows icon to download.
- Step 3: Their device will ask permission to download the browser setup. Grant permission, then they will choose a location for the file. Once it's completed downloading, it can be opened it in the location chosen for the file, or by clicking the link at the bottom of the Chrome Browser.
- Step 4: The first time the student opens both the setup and the browser, they may have to grant permission to open it, since it was downloaded from the internet. Grant the permission to use the programs.
- Step 5: The student will select their preferred language for the setup, then select Next.
- Step 6: When the download is complete, they will select Finish.
- Step 7: The student can now go back to their assessments module and select Take Assessment when clicking on any assessment with the Lockdown Browser enabled.