You can send an email or text message to family members from within Otus. You have the ability to send to a message to a an individual family member or a group of family members.
Creating the Message
- From the home screen, select Classes
- Select Mailbox
- Using the drop down menu, select the desired class (if it's not already selected). You can also multi-select classes to send a message to family members from multiple classes.
- Enter your message
Sending the Message
- Select the family members you wish to send the message to.
- Choose Text or Email.
- Emails sent from the Mailbox in Otus will go to the family member's active email address linked to their Otus account. They do not receive the message directly within Otus, rather, it is sent to their email inbox.
- In the family's inbox, the email will come from the address email@example.com.
- When a message is sent from the Otus Mailbox, recipients are unable to see who else the message was sent to.
- Family members can respond to emails; the response will go directly to the teacher's email inbox.
- Text messages only send one way from the phone number (717-200-4638), and are sent 140 characters at a time.
- They cannot include pictures
- Helpful tip: have family members add the number to their contacts so they know these messages are from Otus.
- If you want to send immediately, select Send.
- If you want to schedule the message for delivery at a later date and/or time, select the date picker below the text entry field. Select the desired date and time from the calendar and time list that is displayed. Select Send.
Viewing Scheduled and Sent Messages
- If you want to see the messages that are scheduled for future delivery, select Scheduled.
- If you want to view sent all sent messages, select Sent.