Admin accounts have the same capabilities as teacher accounts, but also have additional administrative capabilities.
To add a new admin user, select Control Center.
Select Admin Users and + Add User.
Enter the email address of the user and select Search.
If the user does not already exist in the platform, you will be prompted to enter all of the appropriate information for the user. After entering all of the appropriate information, select Create Admin Account.
Manage Admin Permissions
Next you'll need to adjust the admin's access (or permissions) to sites, grade levels, or groups.
To learn how to manage those permissions for your new admin, click the link below.
Admin Users FAQ
- Can a user have a teacher account and an admin account? Since only one account type can be assigned to a user, a single account can't be both a teacher and an admin. Visit this article to learn more information on how teachers can also use admin accounts.
- Can admins be added as co-teachers to classes? The only account type that can be added as a co-teacher are teacher accounts. Because admin users have a different account type, they can't be added as co-teachers.
- Can admins assign teachers to district created teacher groups? Yes. Admin accounts have the ability to assign a teacher to a district created group (as long as that teacher is rostered in one of the sites they have permissions for).
- Can admins change their own permissions? No - admin permissions must be changed in the Control Center of the Main Admin account.
- Are admins the only ones that can run report cards? Currently, report cards can only be generated from an Admin or Main Admin account.