What is Google Single Sign-On?
- Google Single Sign-On (Google SSO) allows you to log in to Otus using the G-button without needing to type in a user name and password each time. It also establishes a connection between Google and Otus; users can use documents and files in their Google Drive with assessments, lessons, class board posts, and many other areas.
- Many districts, especially those that use Google-based email addresses, will choose to use Google SSO for its ease and ability to use their Google Docs within Otus.
- The first time you sign in with Google SSO, the process will be a bit different; you will go through a few steps to establish the connection between Otus and Google by granting permission.
First Time Logging in With Google SSO
- Step 1: First, head to my.otus.com, and click the Google button.
- Step 2: Enter your Google email address, then click Next.
- Step 3: Enter the password you use for that email account, then click Next.
- Step 4: The first time you log in, you will be prompted to give Otus permission to connect to your Google Drive.
You're now logged into Otus with Google SSO! To log in to Otus, you can now just select the G-button and do not need to type in your username and password.