Locating and Beginning the Assessment
- Select Assessments from the left-hand toolbar
- Filter by class using the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner (if necessary).
- Click on the assessment.
- A popup will appear that will provide additional information about the assessment, including the instructions, time limit, and multiple attempt allowance.
- To begin the assessment, students will click Start.
- Students will click start at the bottom of the assessment.
Completing the Assessment
When the assessment begins, the student will start on Item 1.
Explaining Item Navigation:
- If an item is marked with a gray edge, that indicates the item has been completed.
- If an item is white, the item has not been completed.
- Students can click on each item individually, or use the previous and next buttons.
- Otus will autosave each question; saving answers is not necessary.
To submit the assessment:
- While on the last item clicking the Next arrow will prompt the student to submit.
- The prompt will warn the students if any items haven't been completed.
PLEASE NOTE: Once a student submits an assessment, they are unable to go back and answer questions that were left unanswered. Submitting an assessment locks that assessment, and it can not be reopened.
If a student has to return to the assessment at a later time: they may do so by clicking onto another module within the platform. This will automatically save the students work and enable them to return to the assessment at a later time.