Now that you've started to build an advanced assessment, you may want to add a Cloze with drop down question.
➡️ Need help getting started with Advanced Assessments? Click here
In a Cloze with drop down question, the students select an option from a drop down that the teacher has provided.
💡 Tip from the Otus Team: Cloze Drop Down is great for all subject types, not just ELA, as seen above!
Build the Question
If you are creating a new item, select the + Create button on the assessment builder, title the item, then select the Add New plus sign to add a question.
If you are adding to an existing item, simply select the Add New plus sign (as shown above) to add a question to the item.
Next, select the Fill in the Blank (Cloze) category from the options on the left, then select Cloze with drop down.
Step 1: Compose Question
- Compose question: Type question prompt into this field.
You have many formatting options from the Rich Text toolbar, including changing the font size, adding tables, using math symbols, adding multimedia, and more! Click here for more information on the different functions of the Rich Text toolbar.
Step 2: Create Template Mark Up
- Text and response boxes can be added in the Template Markup area. To add a response box, select the lower case "r" button in the Rich Text toolbar.
Step 3: Add Answer Content
- In the Possible responses section, enter the response options for each drop down menu. Each response section has fields where the possible responses for each drop down menu should be entered. To add a new option to a drop down box, click on the +Add button.
Set the Scoring
- Step 1: Insert the value you wish into the Point(s) box. The default value is 1.
- Step 2: Select the correct response for each drop down box.
- (Optional) Alternate answers: select the Add ( + ) button to add alternate answers.
- (Optional) Match all possible responses: used in conjunction with Alternate answers (see More options section below).
It's highly recommended to Preview the question as you are building it in the item. This displays the question as the students will see it and also verifies that the answers and scoring work as expected.
Step 1: Select the Preview button to go into Preview mode
Step 2: Select the correct answers into the fields.
- (Optional) Show Answers: Checking this box will display the correct answers below.
Step 3: Verify that the auto-score correctly calculates the point value (in this example, 1/1)
➡️ Want to preview the entire assessment? Click here for details.
Other Scoring Options:
- Unscored/Practice usage: removes all scoring from the item.
- Check answer button & Check answer attempts: find more information here!
- Penalty points: use this option if you want students to lose points for giving incorrect answers.
- Scoring type Options:
- Exact match (Default): All parts of the answer must be correct to be awarded credit.
- Partial Match Per Response: Each correct answer will be awarded the full credit designated in the Set correct answer(s) field. (In this example with three answers, awarding 1 point per correct answer, adding up to as many as 3 total points).
- Partial Match: Each correct answer will be awarded partial, proportional credit designated by the Set correct answer(s) field. (In this example with three answers, 1/3 point per correct answer, adding up to 1 total point).
- Minimum score if attempted: student will receive points as long as the question has been attempted (if the question is left blank or is unanswered, the student will not earn those points).
*Select here to learn about scoring type options.
➡️ Change the font size:
In the Font size dropdown menu, you can change the font size of all components of the question to small, normal, large, extra large, or huge.
Copyright © Learnosity Ltd. 2006-2020