- The Family Communication Log is located in the student profile.
- An entry will contain the date of communication, who was communicated with, the method of communication, and a description of the purpose for the communication.
- Teachers are able to see entries made by other teachers for the same student, but not edit or delete.
- If a student is removed from a class, any entries made from that teacher will remain in the communication log and can still be viewed by other teachers.
To View the Family Communication Log:
1 - Select the Classes module
2 - Click on the student tile within the Students section
3 - Click on Information
4 - Scroll down to the Family Communication Log: Included in this list is the date/time of communication, who was communicated with, and the method of communication (noted by the icon to the left of the entry). Clicking on the Family Communication Log title will take you to a complete list of all entires with their descriptions, and will also allow you to make a new entry.
5 - Clicking on the ellipses will allow you to Edit or Delete the entry.
Adding a New Entry
6 - Click on + Communication
7 - Add the details of the entry:
- Choose a date and time.
- Choose a method (email, phone, in person, or other).
- Choose a family member - these will automatically populate with the contacts that are attached to that student.
- Include a note about the communication
- Click Save.