The Cloze Drop Down question allows students to select the correct answer from a response box drop down menu situated in a passage of text.
Create a Question
Enter the question stem into the Compose question area. Text and response boxes can be added in the Template Markup area. To add a response box, click on the Insert Response button in the text formatting toolbar in the text editor. You can also use the keyboard short cut, double underscore. See example below.
In the Possible responses section, enter the response options for each drop down menu. Each response section has fields where the possible responses for each drop down menu should be entered. To add a new option to a drop down box, click on the +Add button. See example below.
You can now configure validation for your question. Follow these steps to set up score and correct response:
- Insert value in the Point(s) box to set up a mark for the question. The default value is 1.
- Under the Correct tab, select the correct response for each drop down box. See example below.
Scoring type menu can be found under More Options.
The following scoring types are avaialable in Cloze Drop down questions:
- Exact Match - Student must answer all parts of the question correct to receive a mark.
- Partial Match Per Response - Each correct response element will be awarded an individual score.
- Partial Match - Each correct response element will be scored individually and the overall question score will be divided between responses.
Authors have the ability to control the size of response boxes in the text. Width and height of all response boxes can be changed at once in the Response Container (global) section. However if you only wish to change the size of specific boxes go to Response Container (individual).