❗ This article is for DISTRICT recognition options. If you are an TEACHER wishing to create recognitions, click HERE.
What are Recognitions?
- Identifies a behavior or characteristic.
- Can be given (assigned) to one or more students at a time.
- Can be positive or negative.
- Can be created at the district administrator level or teacher level.
- Teachers can leave notes with each recognition given.
- Teachers and administrators can run reports on recognitions given to a single student or groups of students.
- Each recognition given to a student can be found in that student's profile.
- Parents and students can see the recognitions given in each class.
Create a District Recognition
From your District Home Page, select Recognitions, then Create Recognition.
Give a Recognition
Recognitions must be given through a class. In order for an administrator to give a recognition to a student, they will need to do so through a class.
- Step 1: Navigate to the Students tab of your Classes module.
- Step 2: Choose the correct class from the dropdown menu.
- Step 3: Select the ellipsis, then choose Give Recognition.
- Step 3: Select the recognition you'd like to give.
- Step 4: Select the student(s) you'd like to give the recognition to.
- Step 5: Other options; see below for details.
Leave a note on a recognition by selecting the note icon. Notes can be up to 300 characters long. Students and parents are able to see the notes as well.
Give to Groups
If you would like to assign recognitions to specific groups of students, you can do so by selecting the Groups button.
Date and Time
The date/time stamp on the recognition is the current date/time by default. You can change the date/time stamp by selecting the calendar button.
Play a Sound
Selecting the speaker icon will play a bell-like sound from your device when you assign the recognition.
- Step 6: Select Assign when finished.
❓ Are you looking for how to add a note to a recognition that has already been given? Check out this article for more information (coming soon!).