Generating a Key and Secret
A Key and Secret will need to be generated and given to Otus so we can read data from the API Server. A Key and Secret is synonymous with a username and password.
Step 1: Set Up
- Browse to Product Setup →
- Skyward Contact Access →
- Secured User →
- Click Add →
- Click the Organization button →
- Enter Organization (Vendor) Name →
- Click Add Entered name to Secure Users →
- Enter Address Info and Save (optional) →
- Enter Demographic Info and Continue (optional) →
- Enter Security Info desired and Save →
- Note: The user must remain active, other settings can remain at the default.
Step 2: Generate
- Highlight the New Organization User in the Secured User list →
- Click the API button in the lower right corner of the screen →
- Click Generate New key →
- Note: If the API button is not available please make sure you are running the June 2016 Release + Addendum 10 or later.
Step 3: Share
- Copy and Paste the Key and Secret into a document. (Do not screenshot.)
- Upload this document to ShareFile.
- Contact your Otus technology coach to let them know that you have uploaded the credentials document to ShareFile.
- Your technology coach will then contact you with next steps.
You have just successfully generated and shared your Skyward credentials!